Best Aeroplan Credit Cards
Points can be converted
1:1 with Aeroplan
On American Express's Secure Website
Best card for frequent
Air Canada flyers
On TD's Secure Website
On American Express's Secure Website
Over the years, Aeroplan has evolved into a broad rewards coalition, although it is still mainly associated with travel miles. The best Aeroplan credit cards allow you to find ways to earn rewards on a number of items, from food to hardware to travel. Most people still associate Aeroplan with air travel rewards.
Your ability to use regular spending to build up rewards can be a valuable tool for your finances. With the right strategy, you can come out ahead with your money, even if you do use credit cards on a regular basis. If you are looking for an Aeroplan credit card that can help you get ahead and save money over time with discounts and free merchandise and travel, these credit cards can help you reach your goals.
- Annual fee waived for first year.
- Can also be exchanges 1 for 1 to Avios.
- Transfer points to Delta SkyMiles, Starwood Preferred Guest, and Asia Miles.
- 1 free supplementary card
- Hotel Collection benefits, including a $75 hotel credit and room upgrade at participating hotels.
- 10% discount on Hertz car rentals.
- Up to $5 million emergency medical insurance for first 15 days.
- Double manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year.
American Express Gold Rewards Card: First of all, it's important to note that this isn't a true Aeroplan credit card. However, the points can be converted 1:1, so it can be used as such in order to boost your Aeroplan efforts. One of the advantages to this credit card is that you receive a welcome bonus of 25,000 rewards points, which is enough for a round trip flight almost anywhere in North America.
There is a $150 annual fee, but that is waived for the first year. You can also earn 2 points for each dollar you spend on eligible travel and every day purchases. You do need to pay the balance each month to avoid a high interest rate, though, because this a charge card and not a true credit card. The 1:1 conversion effectively makes this the best Aeroplan credit card.
- 15,000 Aeroplan Miles welcome bonus.
- 5,000 additional Aeroplan Miles when activating a supplementary card.
- One complimentary first checked bag.
- Priority check-in and boarding.
- Annual one time guest access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge.
- First year annual fee rebate for primary card.
- Aeroplan miles do not expire while a TD Aeroplan cardholder.
- Visa Infinite Complimentary Concierge service.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card: With this Aeroplan credit card, you'll earn 1.5 miles for every $1 spent on gas, grocery and drugstore purchases. You can also get extra miles for purchases made on AirCanada.com. Every other purchase earns 1 mile for each dollar spent. However, there are a number of Aeroplan partners and stores where you can pay with this card and present your Aeroplan membership. This can take your rewards earnings up a notch.
You can also see other benefits when you travel on Air Canada, including a free checked bag and priority check-in in some circumstances. This card comes with an annual fee of $120, but with careful management, you should easily make that up in rewards.
- Two free supplementary AeroplanPlus Gold Cards
- Up to $500 flight delay insurance.
- Baggage insurance coverage up to $500 for loss or damage to your luggage.
- Hotel burglary insurance of up to $500 on personal items.
- Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan automatically doubles the original warranty.
- Purchase Protection Plan covers your purchases from theft and accidental damage.
American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card: This is a true Aeroplan credit card from American Express, and comes with 15,000 bonus miles. Like other cards, it's possible to overcome the $120 annual fee with careful planning. This is a charge card, so unless you pay off the balance each month, you will be charged a 30% APR.
You receive 1 Aeroplan mile for each dollar in car purchases up to $10,000 annually. Once you spend more than that in a year, you receive 1.25 miles for each dollar. In addition to travel, you can also redeem your rewards for hotel stays, experiences, car rentals, and vacation packages.